James L. McGinnis is a member of the Antitrust and Competition Practice Group in the firm’s San Francisco office. Mr. McGinnis was formerly an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern and Central Districts of California, serving in the Criminal Division from 1984-1988.
Mr. McGinnis specializes in complex litigation and white collar criminal matters with a focus on antitrust issues, often in the international arena. His complex litigation experience also includes parallel criminal/civil cases, class actions, securities, mass tort matters, and managing the national defense of 100’s of product liability cases.
In addition, Mr. McGinnis regularly conducts internal investigations and compliance reviews. He serves as U.S. national counsel directing the defense of criminal and civil litigation for leading international businesses in a wide variety of industries.
Mr. McGinnis has defended corporations and individuals in criminal cases and grand jury matters involving alleged price-fixing and other anti-competitive conduct, insider trading, government fraud and defense contracting fraud, and environmental violations, among other matters. Mr. McGinnis is regularly quoted in the National Law Journal and other publications on antitrust and class action legal issues.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1979
- B.A., Yale University, 1976
Admissions : California
- Member, Antitrust, Litigation and Criminal Justice-White Collar Sections, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, Antitrust Section’s Committee on Criminal Practice and Procedure, ABA
Rate : $$$