James H. McNeil serves as chair of Akerman’s Residential Development Practice, a highly experienced team representing national builders and developers of master planned and mixed-use residential communities throughout the real estate development process.
Known for his ability to provide pragmatic, strategic, and forward-thinking planning advice, Jim represents developers, homebuilders, and private equity funds in all phases of the acquisition, entitlement, development, and sale of property. He handles both the transactional aspects of the deal as well as the due diligence and procurement of land use approvals and entitlements.
In procuring development approvals for his clients, Jim negotiates complex development agreements and handles concurrency, utility, and school capacity enhancement/mitigation agreements.
Active in the community, Jim is a member of the Greater Orlando Builders Association and previously served on the Board of Directors and as the Associate Vice President.
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 1995
- M.S., Florida State University, Urban and Regional Planning, 1992
- B.S., Florida State University, 1990
Bar Admissions : Florida
- Greater Orlando Builders Association, Associate Vice President, 2014
- City of Ocoee Planning and Zoning Commission, Past Member
- Florida Planning and Zoning Association (FPZA), Member
- American Planning Association, Member
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
Rate : $$$$