James E. Meadows brings nearly 30 years of experience focused almost exclusively on technology transactions and related legal matters. He counsels clients on technology matters outside of their traditional core competencies, ranging from structuring (or terminating) long-term or strategic information technology or business process outsourcing relationships to creating Internet and e-Business offerings to negotiating and documenting a wide variety of strategic and complex transactions.
His clients are among the largest companies in the world, spanning a wide range of industries, including financial services and insurance, energy, transportation and logistics, travel, telecommunications, technology and related services, manufacturing and media services.
He is the lead contributing author to LexisNexis’ Lexis Practice Advisor Outsourcing module, which provides a variety of materials including articles, checklists and sample annotated agreements to serve as a comprehensive resource for understanding outsourcing transactions.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S., Mathematics
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- District of Columbia
- New York
- American Bar Association
- International Technology Law Association
- New York City Bar
- Technology Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Lead counsel in launch of technology operations (including wide range to technology and outsourcing transactions) for global business travel spin-off, resulting in one of the world’s largest travel agency networks with over 2,200 travel service locations in over 140 countries and territories worldwide.
- Counsel to Wall Street investment banking firm in highly-regulated business process outsourcing transactions supporting various aspects of its global trading operations, both inter-affiliate and split among two offshore vendors.
- Counsel to leading U.S. utility company in the procurement of a large-scale advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) system, with a total deal value well in excess of $300 million
- Counsel to Wall Street investment banking firm in the procurement of mission critical telecommunications infrastructure to support its worldwide trading operations.
- Counsel to major transportation company in the procurement of portable data terminal equipment for use by all drivers and other delivery personnel, and in the re-design of its entire website (external).
Rate : $$$