James M. Miller has taken more than 100 cases to verdict, judgment or award before juries, judges, and arbitrators, delivering exceptional results for sophisticated clients. He represents companies and individuals across an assortment of industries such as banking and financial institutions, technology, manufacturing and product distribution, and communications.
Jim has won jury verdicts in cases ranging from antitrust to personal injury, intellectual property, trade secrets, contracts, franchising, and licensing. Jim’s ample range of experience enables him to serve his clients’ varied legal issues.
From representing cutting-edge internet companies in government investigations and other disputes, to representing financial institutions and officers and directors in multidistrict litigation, a national government seeking to recover assets hidden by a former president, or representing a former Attorney General of the United States in a civil rights case, he brings considerable dexterity and knowledge to each matter.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School
- B.A., University of Miami, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Network of Trial Law Firms, Chairman, 2013
- American Bar Association, Litigation Law Section, Member; Corporation Law Section, Member; Banking and Business Law Section, Member
- Miami Museum of Science, Past President and Chairman of the Museum’s Community Board
Rate : $$$