James E. Murphy is a partner in the Las Vegas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. His experience includes product liability defense such as heavy equipment, vehicles, tires, electrical equipment, medical devices, industrial machinery, and various consumer products. He has handled trucking and transportation claims including rollovers as well as mass toxic exposures involving stachybotrys (mold) and pharmaceuticals.
Mr. Murphy has litigated numerous professional liability claims on behalf of attorneys, engineers, veterinarians, and health care professionals. He serves as private arbitrator handling injury and other disputes for private binding arbitration. Mr. Murphy has tried cases before juries and before judges.
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada Las Vegas, Juris Doctor, 2003
- University of Nevada Las Vegas, Master of Arts, United States History, 2000
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Bachelor of Arts, History of Art, 1997
- State Bar Admissions, Nevada
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court,
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- Member, State Bar of Nevada, LVA Fee Dispute Committee. , Settling attorney client fee disputes either through mediation or arbitration.
- Appointed Attorney Arbitrator, Court Annexed Mandatory Arbitration Program, Selected by the Nevada Supreme Court to serve as a Court Appointed Attorney Arbitrator for cases heard in the Court Annexed Arbitration Program governed by the Nevada Rules of Arbitration. Appointed as Arbitrator in more than 90 separate cases
- Member, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Committee. Issuance of ethic opinions and comments to the Nevada Rules of Professional Conduct
Representative Matters :
- Recently obtained a 3.9 Million Award in the American Arbitration Association on behalf of a national medical services company against a former COO/CFO that violated his covenant not to compete.
- Successfully obtained Dismissal of an appeal before the Nevada Supreme Court on behalf of an attorney on the grounds that the appellant no longer owned the rights on appeal.
- Obtained a dismissal of an attorney malpractice action for gross discovery misconduct following a two day evidentiary hearing.
Rate : $$$