Clients appreciate James Newman’s business-savvy, pragmatic approach in his role as outside corporate counsel and transactional advisor to public and privately held companies. Jim helps companies manage a wide range of day-to-day legal affairs from entity selection and formation to corporate governance and compliance to evaluating and executing strategic business combinations to acquire, sell assets or equity interests, or merge entities.
Jim works with owners, executives, and inside counsel of companies that operate in a variety of industries including food and beverage, manufacturing, distribution, financial services, software, gaming, real estate development, and energy. He approaches clients’ challenges with a unique perspective based on his experience in sales and marketing management for a division of a Fortune 500 company, and as a business consultant, prior to becoming a lawyer.
Jim is the Administrative Partner overseeing management of the firm’s Reno and Carson City offices.
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of Nevada, Reno, M.S., 1985
- University of Nevada, Reno, B.S., 1983
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Reno + Sparks Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Holland & Hart Foundation, Trustee, 2009-present
- Western Industrial Nevada, Past President, 2010, Board of Trustees, 2003-2011
- University of Nevada, Reno, Alumni Association (College of Business Administration), 1998-2004
- Washoe Legal Services, Advisory Board Member, 1998-2000, President, 2000
Rate : $$$$