James C. O’Brien is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Washington, D.C. and San Francisco offices. Mr. O’Brien has experience in real estate acquisitions and dispositions, real estate financing and restructuring transactions, leasing transactions, and joint venture formation.
He has worked on transactions involving all types of commercial and residential real property, including development property, office buildings, hotels, resorts, multi-family projects, mixed-use projects, and other commercial properties.
Mr. O’Brien has represented clients such as Stockbridge Real Estate Funds, Jamestown Properties, Buchanan Street Partners, LACERA, Fisher Investments, Acadia Realty, and Prescott Partners.
Among his representative engagements, he:
- Represented borrower in connection with a $185 million refinancing of a hotel and casino located in Las Vegas, NV.
- Represented buyer in connection with the $106 million acquisition of a multi-family project located in San Francisco, CA and the $40 million acquisition financing arranged by Pacific Life in connection therewith.
- Represented buyer in connection with the $20.5 million acquisition of a 2.5-acre city block in Berkeley, CA for redevelopment and repositioning as a mixed-use project.
Mr. O’Brien is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee. His pro bono practice has included work for the Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County and Community Legal Services of East Palo Alto.
- J.D., New York University (1998)
- Staff Editor, Environmental Law Journal
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, cum laude (1993)
Rate : $$$