As the former co-chair of the firm’s Energy and Environmental Section,James O’Toole (Jim) founded and co-managed the firm’s integrated energy, environmental, utility and natural resources practices including the Oil & Gas, Coal, Power Generation, Renewable Energy, Utility and Environmental Practice Groups.
For almost 30 years, Jim’s practice has focused on environmental litigation, and related transactional and regulatory counseling. He has prosecuted and defended complex environmental, toxic tort, commercial and class action litigation; conducted internal investigations; and counseled clients on environmental regulatory compliance and permitting issues in the oil and gas (operating in upstream, midstream and downstream markets), utility scale wind energy, coal and minerals mining, waste transportation and disposal, manufacturing, chemical, petrochemical, real estate, retail, health, insurance and military defense industries.
For more than 25 years, Jim has served as trial and appellate counsel for Waste Management, Inc., and he has served as common litigation counsel to numerous PRP groups on environmental matters in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York. Jim has litigated complex multi-party environmental, contractual indemnity, fraud, successor liability, landfill permitting claims, criminal waste disposal investigations, toxic tort class actions and multiple multi-million dollar cost recovery actions.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Drexel University, M.B.A., 1982, with honors
- LaSalle University, B.S., 1978
- Environmental, Litigation and Antitrust Law Sections, American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Former Dean’s Executive Board, iSchool at Drexel University
- Former Lecturer, Temple University School of Law
Rate : $$$$