James P. Hanratty is the Managing Attorney and Casualty Supervisor for the Jacksonville office. In this capacity, Jim oversees a team of experienced attorneys handling corporate, commercial and civil litigation matters including workers’ compensation across Northern Florida.
Jim transferred to the Jacksonville office in 2012 after a 23-year career defending manufacturers, hospitals, trucking and transportation carriers, retail establishments and construction professionals throughout Ohio, Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Jim is an experienced first-chair trial lawyer and has taken over 150 civil jury trials to verdict since 1989.
In Florida, Jim has put his broad based experience to work by assuming the statewide supervision of matters for key clients in a wide range of cases including products liability, trucking and transportation, commercial premises liability and construction related injuries.
Jim continues to handle significant and catastrophic injury cases involving automobile and general liability claims with an emphasis on the defense of brain injury claims. He has also expanded his practice to include representing condominium and homeowners associations.
- University of Akron School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- Walsh University (B.A., 1986)
- Florida, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1992
Associations & Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, 1989-1993
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (Chair, Insurance Relations Committee, 2002-2007; Chair, Trial Tactics Committee, 2009-2012.)
Rate : $$$