James Kreindler joined Kreindler & Kreindler LLP in 1983 and became a partner in 1987. He is a magna cum laude graduate of Dartmouth College, 1977. He received his J.D. degree from Columbia University in 1980, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone scholar. He began his career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Kings County (Brooklyn) District Attorneys’ Office.
A specialist in aviation accident and terrorist litigation, Mr. Kreindler took the lead role as a member of the Plaintiffs’ Committee in the Pan Am 103 families’ suit against Libya, which produced $2.7 billion in additional compensation for the families of the Lockerbie victims.
Mr. Kreindler played a major role in the litigation against Pan Am arising from the Flight 103 disaster over Lockerbie, Scotland as a member of the Plaintiffs’ Trial Team.
He is now co-chair of the Plaintiffs’ Committee in the 9/11 Litigation proceeding against financiers and sponsors of al-Qaeda. He currently serves as Chairman of the Plaintiffs’ Committee in the February 12, 2009 Colgan Air crash in Buffalo, New York.
Mr. Kreindler is a frequent lecturer on Aviation Accident Litigation and Terrorism Litigation throughout North and South America and Europe. He is the only Plaintiffs’ attorney, other than Lee Kreindler, asked to lecture at International Airline Transportation Association meetings.
Mr. Kreindler is a fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. He also has been recently selected by Lawdragon for their latest 500 Leading Litigators in America’s list.
- Columbia Law School, New York, New YorkJ.D. – 1980
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, B.A. – 1977
- New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1981
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association, Member, Committee on Aviation Litigation
- American Association for Justice, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Board of Directors
- New York County Lawyers Association, Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
Rate : $$$