James P. Terpening III is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. James is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law. James represents owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and design professionals in disputes involving, among other things, payment, construction defect, delay claim, construction lien, insurance coverage, and bond issues.
In addition to jury and bench trial experience, James has served as a construction arbitrator and successfully represented construction clients in arbitrations. Beyond representation of clients in disputed matters, James advises clients on avoiding litigation and resolving matters through alternative methods of resolution, including negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- The Florida Bar, Construction Law Committee
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Emory Law School Alumni Board, Board Member
- University of Florida M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management, Advisory Council Member
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Executive Notes and Comments Editor, Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal
- University of Florida, B.S., Building Construction, summa cum laude, 2005
Rate : $$$