James P. Peterson is a business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. His practice includes acquisitions, divestitures, investment of private equity and venture capital funds and general corporate law.
Mr. Peterson represents private equity acquirers, as well as emerging and mature businesses. He is a member of the firm’s Private Equity & Venture Capital, Transactional & Securities and International Practices.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Peterson represented the State of Wisconsin’s interests at the State of Wisconsin Office of Federal-State Relations in Washington, D.C. and worked as a staff member for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Ways and Means.
Mr. Peterson is a 1995 graduate of Northwestern University School of Law and earned a bachelor’s degree in history at Georgetown University in 1989.
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
Mr. Peterson is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Milwaukee Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Representative Matters :
- Foley assisted a large and growing international manufacturer with headquarters in Denmark in its January 2019 acquisition of a specialty medical and household products manufacturer with operations in South Carolina.
- Counselled a US based specialty chemical company in the November 2018 sale of its Texas operations to a private equity-backed acquired
- Foley assisted an internationally recognized media company in its summer 2018 acquisition of a web-based content company a its investments in 2018 into various start-up and emerging companies.
- Foley represented Lignotech (U.S.) Inc. in their $5 million acquisition of Flambeau River Papers lignin business.
- Purchase of US-based Bunker Brokerage Business for one of the World’s Largest Bunkering Companies. Counselled Denmark-based Bunker Holdings in its acquisition of the operations of LQM Petroleum Services, Inc., a US-based Bunker brokerage business with operations in the US, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Counseled a leading U.S. plastics manufacturer in its acquisition of a specialty plastics division of an international plastics manufacturer. The 2014 transaction included acquisitions in China, Brazil, Switzerland and Germany as well as other jurisdictions.
- Represented Wantable.com, a “discovery commerce” company, in its early stage financing and growth efforts including its first round of private placement financings.
Rate : $$$$