James J. Porter is board certified by the The Florida Bar as an expert in City, County, and Local Government Law. He concentrates his practice on land use and zoning, as well as government relations, and also has experience with the wireless communications industry, including cellular tower zoning issues. Jim is also the current School Board Attorney for the Hillsborough County School Board, the 8th largest school district in the nation.
Jim formerly served as the Chief Assistant County Attorney for the Hillsborough County Attorney’s Office where he handled all aspects of land use for Hillsborough County including rezonings, comprehensive plan amendments, DRIs, development agreements, transportation issues (as the attorney for the MPO), amendments to the Land Development Code, and impact fees.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 1989
- B.A., Bethany College, 1986
Bar Admissions : Florida
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Land Use and Enviromental Law Section, Past Chair
- Arts Council of Hillsborough, Past Chair
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay, Board Member
- Leadership Tampa, Alumni, Chair of Class 2015, Cabinet Member, 2016-2017
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Rate : $$$