James Potter’s practice focuses on patent preparation and prosecution in the electronics and computer fields. He works to assist clients across a variety of technology areas, including wireless communications, enterprise data networks, data storage technology, automation and security systems, and power conversion systems.
James leverages his engineering background while supporting clients through the technical process of protecting their intellectual property assets. He regularly prepares applications directed to complex electronics and signal processing, works on claim charts, and counsels clients in product design matters.
Before joining Holland & Hart, James was an in-house attorney for a company that designed and built portable wind-generation technology. He was also a patent agent at an IP-specialty firm. He also developed hardware and software testing systems for F-16 fighter jets with the U.S. Department of Defense and designed enterprise data network routing and switch products for Enterasys Networks.
- Preparation and Prosecution
- Domestic and international patent preparation and prosecution
- Standards-related patents
- Opinions and Counseling
- Patent infringement and validity analysis
- Non-infringement/invalidity opinions
- Product design counseling
- Patent Licensing and Due Diligence
- Product clearances
- Strategic patent acquisitions
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Utah, B.S., 2000
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$