Mr. James Walczak concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate governance, business transactions and finance, and creditors’ rights.
Mr. Walczak acts in the capacity of general counsel for a number of business, non-profit and governmental organizations, providing legal advice on corporate, transactional and tax matters.
Mr. Walczak is listed in the Bond Buyer Municipal Market Place Guide (commonly known as the municipal bond attorney’s Red Book), and regularly provides tax advice and board counsel tax opinions with respect to tax-exempt financing transactions.
Mr. Walczak also represents creditors in complex creditor-debtor matters, including the negotiation of workout agreements and the representation of creditors in Bankruptcy Court.
Mr. Walczak has been involved in a number of community initiatives, both in a legal and non-legal capacity. He was instrumental in the development of Jerry Uht Baseball Park in downtown Erie and on the Erie Bayfront, the U.S. Brig Niagara Maritime Museum, the Bayfront Convention Center, the Erie Bicentennial Tower and the Blasco Public Library.
He is a former chairman and member of the Board of Directors of the Erie-Western Pennsylvania Port Authority and served as the Chairman of the Governor’s Commission on the U.S. Brig Niagara. He has also served a wide variety of other community organizations in a number of capacities.
- L.L.M. (Taxation), Georgetown University Law Center, 1980
- M.A., University of Denver – Denver, Colorado, 1977
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law – Denver, Colorado, 1977
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University – Washington, District of Columbia, 1972
- District of Columbia
- Pennsylvania State Bar-member
- Erie-Western Pennsylvania Port Authority-member
- District of Columbia Bar-member
Rate : $$$$