Always looking forward to the Next Big Thing in telecommunications, James C. Remington partners with clients to spread new technology locally, regionally and nationally. Jake represents technology and communications companies, strategizing with and advising them on the construction and implementation of their facilities.
Clients respect Jake’s persuasive skills and his ability to find common ground when working with municipalities and citizen groups on issues such as rights of way, facilities leasing, siting and easements.
When disputes arise over installations, Jake represents clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts and before state and federal regulatory agencies. He has developed a reputation for resolving disputes with minimal delay and expense to clients.
In addition, Jake consults with other attorneys on general business litigation, especially when it crosses into the telecommunications sphere. He also advises clients across industries on how best to navigate the complex and evolving regulatory framework and attendant legal issues unique to unmanned aircraft systems (UAS, or “drones”).
- Counseled technology, data and communications companies on nationwide implementation of next-generation technologies, including distributed antenna system, 5G and small cell.
- Represented NYSE and Nasdaq telecommunications companies in complex administrative, regulatory, legislative, commercial and litigation matters.
- Advised telecommunications and technology companies on successful solutions to handle difficult government regulations, resulting in development of infrastructures supporting emerging technologies.
- Represented Lendlease in obtaining favorable settlement in lawsuit against the Village of Cary, Illinois. The victory paves the way for the construction of the first privately-permitted wireless tower in the Village.
This organization helps fund the clinical programs at the Frank J. Remington Center at the University of Wisconsin Law School. The center is named after Jake’s grandfather, a former professor at the school, and comprises several legal clinical projects dedicated to teaching, service and research.
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
- B.A., University of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, Newsletter Committee, Co-Chair
- Federal Communications Bar Association, Midwest Chapter, Co-Chair
- Illinois Wireless Association
Rate : $$$$