Jim brings over two decades of franchise litigation, arbitration, and mediation experience to Plave Koch. Jim’s resume includes some of the best-known cases in franchising, particularly in post-merger disputes.
Jim specializes in franchise and trademark litigation. He has litigated, and won, cases in trial and appellate courts, as well as arbitration, across the country and internationally. He has represented franchisors and manufacturers in a wide variety of contract, business torts, antitrust, and state statutory cases.
He also counsels franchisors operating multiple and competing brands, on compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, extraterritorial application of U.S. trademark law, and franchise termination disputes and distribution issues.
- American Bar Association (Forum on Franchising, Litigation, Antitrust, and IP sections)
- Virginia State Bar
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- George Washington University Law School (J.D., with highest honors); Editor-in-Chief, The George Washington Law Review
- Brown University (B.A.)
- Law clerk, Hon. J. Clifford Wallace, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$