James Salwen’s practice focuses on financial restructuring matters and related litigation.Mr. Salwen represents debtors, creditors and other interested parties in complex Chapter 11 cases, out-of-court restructurings and bankruptcy-related litigation. Before joining Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP as an associate in 2018, Mr. Salwen was a bankruptcy associate at an international law firm and a law clerk to the Honorable Robert D. Drain in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.Mr. Salwen received his J.D. magna cum laude in 2016 from New York University School of Law. He received his B.A. in liberal arts in 2009 from St. John’s College in Annapolis, Maryland.
- Mr. Salwen’s experience includes representations of:
- A complex consumer-facing medical services company as Chapter 11 debtor.
- A major U.S. city in connection with the financial restructuring of a government lender.
- A disabled veteran asserting a claim against his former landlord in the landlord’s Chapter 13 bankruptcy case.
- A proposed purchaser of a large regulated utility in a complex Chapter 11 case.
- The parent company of a debtor in a Chapter 11 case in which creditors sought to hold the parent liable for the debtor’s significant environmental claims.
- J.D., New York University School of Law,magna cum laude, 2016
- B.A., St. John’s College, 2009
- U.S.B.C., Southern District of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$