James Savin represents official and informal committees of creditors (secured and unsecured), debtors, debtor-in-possession lenders and acquirers of businesses and assets in large, complex Chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings. His restructuring matters encompass a wide variety of industries and often involve multijurisdictional and cross-border issues.
- More than 20 years of experience advising on contentious and non-contentious restructuring matters in a range of industries.
- Practice focuses on corporate restructurings and bankruptcy law with an emphasis on official and informal creditor groups.
- Represented the informal group of second lien creditors of Cobalt International Energy.
- Represented the informal group of second lien creditors of Cenveo, Inc.
- Represented the informal group of first lien lenders of Walter Energy, Inc.
- Represented the informal group of creditors of Parker Drilling Company.
- Represented the informal group of secured noteholders of CHC Group Ltd.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 1997
- B.S., University of Pennsylvania, 1994
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$