James W. Seegers, who is board certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Florida Bar Association, advises and represents private- and public-sector management clients in connection with employment and labor law matters.
With more than 20 years of experience, James has represented employers in state and federal courts throughout the United States, as well as in proceedings before the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Justice, the Florida Public Employees Relations Commission and the Florida Commission on Human Relations.
James’ solid reputation makes him a trusted attorney for in-house counsel and human resource professionals on countless labor and employment law matters. Among them: responding to OSHA complaints, negotiating collective bargaining agreements, conducting internal investigations, drafting employee handbooks and manuals, conducting anti-harassment training, training employees on proper hiring and disciplinary procedures, and much more.
- Negotiated four labor agreements as chief labor negotiator and outside labor counsel for a major public transportation company.
- Defended a nationwide trucking company against claims of racial discrimination and harassment in a class action. Resulted in favor of the client.
- Represented a major airport in defeating a union organizing attempt. Resulted in favor of the client.
- Represented a large transportation company in the defeat of a union organization. Resulted in favor of the client.
- Represented a large nationwide power company in a breach of fiduciary duty action against the president of the subsidiary. Resulted in favor of client.
- Represented an outsourced construction, maintenance and technology services provider in an action brought against a former employee who was a fiduciary. The defendant had left the company to form a competing business and recruited several employees and solicited clients and customers. The matter was settled in favor of the client.
- Orange County Bar Association
- Osceola County Bar Association
- Academy of Florida Management Attorneys (AFMA)
- Rotary Club of Celebration: Past President
- Boy Scouts of America Central Florida Council: Board of Directors, Troop 125 Leadership Committee
- USO Orlando: Board of Directors
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 1997, magna cum laude
- B.S., Birmingham-Southern College, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1997
- Florida, 1997
Rate : $$$