James L. Shea, Venable’s past chair, maintains an active practice focusing on corporate litigation. A member of the American College of Trial Lawyers, he tries cases in both federal and state systems throughout the country.
Jim offers aggressive, thorough corporate counseling, litigation management and trial work. Supported by a highly efficient staff, he regularly handles very large, complex matters.
- Assistant Attorney General, Maryland
- Jim has both prosecuted and defended major corporations in securities class actions, contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and products liability cases
- Particular matters have involved the ownership of professional sports franchises, software disputes, fiduciary duties, executive compensation, contract claims and alleged personal injury, and a number have required emergency injunctive relief
- J.D. University of Virginia School of Law 1977
- A.B. cum laude Princeton University 1974
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland
Clerk Experience : Honorable Joseph H. Young U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland 1977-1978.
Professional Memberships :
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Chair, Central Maryland Transportation Alliance
- Board member, Greater Baltimore Committee
- Board member, Equal Justice Council
Rate : $$$