James A. Sherman is a member of the firm’s Government Investigations and White Collar Litigation Department. In that capacity, he focuses on representing corporate and individual clients in government and internal investigations both in the United States and around the world.
He has participated in the defense of major financial institutions, telecommunications firms, and accounting firms by state and federal regulatory agencies. He also uses cutting-edge software to manage eDiscovery reviews in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
Including implementing review guidelines and quality control procedures to ensure the accurate marking and tagging of documents in large document productions; training attorneys to provide quality and cost-effective document review; creating a defensible privilege log; and managing large groups of document review attorneys.
- Representation of global bank in internal investigation and production of documents to U.S. regulatory agency. Oversaw international team of contract attorneys and navigated European data privacy issues.
- Representation of major accounting firm in various regulatory investigations. Oversaw the collection, review, and production of documents to various state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Representation of major bank in several class action litigations filed in various jurisdictions regarding the Bank’s foreclosure practices.
- Representation of major manufacturing company in regulatory investigation taking place in U.S., Canada and Europe.
- William & Mary Law School, JD, 1999
- Virginia State University, BS, Marketing, magna cum laude, 1996
Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland.
Rate : $$$