James Steinberg focuses his practice on complex commercial transactions and general corporate matters for telecommunications, financial institutions, healthcare providers, technology and other companies. He frequently assists clients in structuring and negotiating outsourcing transactions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, IT procurement projects, and the commercialization and utilization of technology.
Mr. Steinberg was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Law, Information Technology Law, IT Outsourcing Law, and Technology Law in 2019 and the 18 years immediately preceding. He was also named a 2018 “Dallas Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Technology Law and a 2013 and 2016 “Atlanta Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Technology Law by The Best Lawyers in America®.
Mr. Steinberg has been named a Georgia “Super Lawyer” in Information Technology/Outsourcing for the past eight years by Super Lawyers magazine. He is listed in the 2014 and the five years immediately preceding editions of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business where he is ranked nationally for Outsourcing Law. He was recommended by Legal 500 US for Technology/Outsourcing in 2018 and the seven years immediately preceding. He is a frequent speaker at national conferences on structuring domestic and offshore IT and business process outsourcing transactions.
- Represented a global telecommunications provider in a strategic alliance with a leading cloud services platform to provide content delivery and network solutions.
- Negotiated outsourcing agreements between newly formed Brazilian card processor and each of the three largest banks in Brazil.
- Assisted U.S. client in the card payment industry in negotiation of Joint Venture Agreement with the three largest banks in Brazil to form a Brazilian credit and debit card processor.
- Represented Telecommunications Company with regards to knowledge process outsourcing transactions involving research, analysis, and reporting to India.
- Represented a business services company in printing and directory sales agreements.
- Represented BellSouth in negotiation of design, build and installation agreements with Nokia, Erickson and Motorola for wireless systems throughout Latin America. Equipment purchased exceeds $10 billion.
- Represented private health insurance company in connection with the outsourcing of claims processing function including hosting and support for claims processing applications to EDS.
- Represented Yellowpages.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of AT&T, in distribution agreements with AOL, Yahoo, Google, Infospace, Idcore, Microsoft and KH Donnelly.
- Represented NYSE Manufacturing Company with regards to Knowledge Process & Business Transformation Outsourcing transactions involving IT infrastructure, data management assessments, and corresponding solution development to Strategic Technologies.
- Represented Fortune 50 Retail Company with regards to knowledge process and business transformation outsourcing transactions involving patent research to LPO provider based in India.
- Represented Yellowpages.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of AT&T, in the acquisition of applications and technology to add new products and features.
- Represented Cingular Wireless in negotiation of strategic alliance with Yahoo to create co-branded mobile portal offering.
- Represented AT&T in negotiation of network resale and product distribution agreements with RIM and Good Technologies, provider of push mobility solutions.
- Represented Cingular Wireless in strategic alliances with Yahoo and AOL for content and applications on cell phones.
- Represented AT&T in strategic alliance with Yahoo regarding AT&T’s DSL platform and Yahoo’s search and display services and convergence of three screens.
- Represented a publicly held web hosting company in strategic marketing alliance with a leading telecommunications company.
- Represented one of the largest U.S. forest products manufacturers in outsourcing of finance and accounting services.
- Represented AT&T in the negotiation of a strategic marketing alliance with DirecTV to create a co-branded triple play offer.
- Harvard University, J.D. (1989) magna cum laude
- Emory University, B.A. (1986)
- Texas (2018)
- Georgia (1989)
Rate : $$$$