James Betts practices in the areas of estate planning, estate settlement and trust administration. He assists clients with the full range of planning techniques for tax-effective intergenerational and charitable transfers.
He also prepares, and advises those preparing, probate documents, estate tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns as well as represents estates before the IRS and DRS on audit. In addition, Jim actively administers trusts and advises trustees.
Jim is a past Chair of the Trusts & Estates Department. He is a member and past President of the Estate and Business Planning Council of Hartford and a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Estate and Business Planning Council of Hartford: Former President
- Greater Hartford YMCA: Director: Former Chairman
- Yale Club of Hartford: Director: Former President
- Yale Law School, LL.B., 1968, cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Yale College, B.A., 1965, summa cum laude
Rate : $$$