James I. Tarman Jr.’s practice focuses on significant and complex litigation, including property, marine, and aviation subrogation claims. Jim has successfully litigated cases throughout not only the United States but worldwide. Currently based in the Chicago office, Jim has also worked in the firm’s London, Toronto, Philadelphia, and Dallas offices.
Jim also seconded to a leading Lloyds syndicate, and he continues to work directly and closely with leading Lloyds and company market claims and underwriting personnel, brokers, and adjusters. Jim serves as the chair of national hiring, overseeing and continuing the firm’s growth and expansion in key markets nationally and internationally.
He is responsible for all partner acquisitions across the firm’s global geographic footprint. He is also responsible for the firm’s Lateral Integration Program ensuring that all of its newly acquired talent is successfully and quickly integrated into the fabric and culture of the firm.
Jim also serves as the firm’s international partner and co-chairs the firm’s International Practice, which includes management of the London and Toronto offices, and remains active in the leadership of the firm’s Subrogation Department.
In addition to his current management responsibilities, Jim has previously served as the managing partner of the Chicago and Toronto offices, the subrogation chair of the Midwest and Canadian regions, and has served on the firm’s management and executive committees.
A native of central Pennsylvania, Jim received his Bachelor of Science from Penn State University in 1982 and his law degree from the Dickinson School of Law in 1987.
- Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1987
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 1982
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois; New Jersey; Pennsylvania; Texas
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court — Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
Rate : $$$$