James Ukropina handles a broad range of acquisition, securities, and business transactions, including proxy contests, mergers and acquisitions, and financings. As a member of and advisor to numerous boards, Jim has extensive experience in corporate governance. For example, Jim has represented boards and committees of boards in connection with special investigations and related matters.
Jim has been active in the field of executive compensation, with extensive representations of executives and boards regarding employment and severance matters. His representation of corporate clients and boards has extended to companies throughout the country and abroad. In the area of international legal issues, he has regularly counseled clients concerning matters arising under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Jim has served on many corporate boards, including Lockheed Martin and Pacific Life, each for over 20 years. He also served on the Stanford University Board of Trustees for 10 years and served as the Head of the Stanford Presidential Search Committee in 2000.
Corporate & Government Experience:
- Vice Chairman, Keck Foundation Board of Directors (2016-Present)
- President, Keck Foundation (2012-2015)
- University of Southern California, L.L.B., 1965: Editor-in-Chief, Southern California Law Review, 1964-65
- Stanford University, M.B.A., 1961
- Stanford University, B.A., 1959
Rate : $$$