James Chin is a civil litigator with more than 20 years of experience representing commercial property insurers and liability insurers in complex disputes. He assists clients in preventing, mitigating, and managing exposure through effective management of risk and claims and has tried cases to verdict.
James advises insurers on a broad range of matters, including complex coverage disputes, claims handling, insurance fraud, subrogation, catastrophic losses, and allegations of statutory violations and bad faith. He has served as lead counsel in numerous cases with multimillion-dollar exposures across a variety of sectors, from construction and engineering to energy, industrial manufacturing, mining, hospitality and food processing.
James also handles high-risk reinsurance-related litigation and arbitration related to property and casualty disputes, as well as a wide array of third-party insurance defense claims. He is experienced in the insurance appraisal process and represents clients in appraisals. He is a frequent presenter to various industry groups and regularly conducts in-house seminars for clients.
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- The University of Georgia (B.B.A., cum laude,1988)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia State Courts
- Founding Partner, Clyde & Co. US LLP, Atlanta Office (2013-2016)
- Partner, Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP (1994-1998, 2001-2013)
- Student Affairs Legal Advisor, University of Georgia (1998-2001)
Rate : $$$$