Jimmy Gewin concentrates his practice in general civil litigation in both the state and federal arena. A substantial portion of his practice centers around the representation of corporate defendants in the product and insurance fields, but has also included a variety of clients who are claimants in civil disputes relating to antitrust, construction, copyrights, pharmaceutical issues, and unfair competition.
Jimmy’s clients have included Fortune 500 companies, publicly traded and closely-held corporations, banking institutions, pharmaceutical companies, various publicly traded and closely held corporations, small businesses and individuals. Jimmy has represented outside directors, a Big Four accounting firm and publicly traded corporations in various securities fraud-related matters.
- University of Alabama School of Law, LL.B., 1966, Phi Alpha Delta; Editor-in-Chief, Alabama Law Review
- Princeton University, A.B., 1963
Professional & Community Activities:
- Alabama Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Birmingham Bar Association, Executive Committee, Past Member
- State of Alabama Bar Association Board of Bar Examiners, 1976–1978
- Alabama State Board of Bar Commissioners, 1991–2000
Rate : $$$$