James Hill’s practice involves patent litigation, prosecution, and post-grant proceedings including inter partes review, as well as strategic counseling, intellectual property due diligence, and licensing. He handles intellectual property matters for clients in a range of industry sectors including medical devices, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, software, and signal and imaging processing.
Dr. Hill’s work has included serving as trial counsel for plaintiffs and defendants in patent infringement suits involving breast and ovarian cancer gene tests, radiology informatics, hospital information systems, orthopedic surgical devices, MRI diffusion tensor imaging, generic drugs in Hatch-Waxman patent litigation, and biologics in suits brought under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act.
Dr. Hill has managed patent portfolios for Fortune 100 and mid-size companies, startups, and universities. He has also led IP due diligence in a variety of matters resulting in millions of dollars in financings and investments, acquisitions, and licensing agreements.
- Boston University, JD,
- University of Southern California, MD,
- niversity of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering, coursework toward MSEE with emphasis in signal processing, 2004-2008
- California State University, Los Angeles, B.S. program, Biology
- Residency in diagnostic radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
- Residency in internal medicine, Huntington Memorial Hospital, Pasadena, CA
- Harvard Business School, Credential of Readiness (CORe), Business Analytics, Financial Accounting, Economics for Managers, 2016
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$