James W. O’Mara practices in the area of business with a focus on bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, loan workouts, secured lending, commercial litigation and business transactions.
- University of Mississippi School of Law
- J.D., with distinction, 1967; Editor-in-Chief, Mississippi Law Journal; Phi Delta Phi; Phi Kappa Phi; Omicron Delta Kappa
- University of Mississippi, B.A., 1962
ADMISSIONS : Mississippi
- The Mississippi Bar (Fellow; Business Law Section; various committees)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Jackson Prep School (President, Board of Directors)
- University of Mississippi School of Law (Alumni Board of Directors)
- American Hereford Association (Executive Committee, Board of Directors)
- Woodland Hills Baptist Church (Chairman, Board of Deacons)
- Downtown Jackson Partners, Inc. (Jackson downtown business improvement district, Board of Directors; Chairman of Budget and Nominating Committees)
- Lead attorney for Casino debtor in its Chapter 11 case in which the Plan of Reorganization was confirmed and performed.
- Representation of international car rental company in connection with its claims against and contracts with a competitor who filed a Chapter 11 case.
- Attorney for majority shareholders of a significant multi-state trucking company which was Debtor in a Chapter 11 case, and author of the confirmed and performed Plan of Reorganization.
- Lead attorney for investor group which purchased substantially all operating assets from the Freide Goldman multi-state shipyard Chapter 11 case and which engaged in multiple complex loan and bond transactions with national lenders and governmental entities for continuing operations.
Rate : $$$