James W. Shelson represents clients in a range of commercial litigation matters. His litigation experience includes toxic torts, products liability, business torts and commercial disputes, consumer finance and lender liability, coverage disputes and bad-faith claims.
He has represented clients from many industries, including chemical and product manufacturing, aviation, agriculture, insurers, banks and other financial institutions and lenders, telecommunications companies, automotive suppliers and casinos.
Mr. Shelson’s practice often involves technical expert evidence in the areas of toxicology, epidemiology, medical science and causation in tort cases, as well as complex business and financial analysis in commercial disputes. Mr. Shelson is also experienced in the use of alternative dispute resolution techniques to resolve claims.
Mr. Shelson is licensed in Mississippi and Alabama. His jury trial and appellate experience includes both state and federal courts. Mr. Shelson’s state court trial experience includes both the circuit and chancery courts of Mississippi. He is the author of Mississippi Chancery Practice.
- Pennsylvania State University School of Law, J.D., 1993; Member, Dickinson Law Review
- Michigan State University, B.A. in Political Science, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
Rate : $$$