With extensive experience in Chapter 11 and out-of-court restructurings, James M. Wilton Wilton has represented debtors, creditors’ committees, corporate directors and officers, and acquirers of distressed assets in major cases throughout the United States. Jim’s clients include major pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, strategic purchasers of assets, and boards of directors of troubled companies.
- JD, Boston College Law School, 1990;
- BA, Bucknell University, 1979
- Massachusetts, 1990
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
CLERKSHIPS : Honorable Francis Boyle, U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island (1990 – 1991)
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American College of Bankruptcy
- Boston Bar Association (Bankruptcy Law Subcommittee)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Champion Home Builders in Chapter 7 acquisition of assets of Innovative Building Systems, LLC.
- Oscient Pharmaceutical Corporation in Chapter 11 sales of two commercial stage products, including litigation with patent licensors and secured lender.
- Simmons Bedding Co. in Chapter 11 bid to acquire manufacturing plants of sole source supplier, Western Nonwovens, Inc.
- Major pharmaceutical company in Chapter 11 acquisition of dengue fever vaccine in Phase 2 clinical trials in Chapter 11 case of Hawaii Biotech, Inc.
- Holley Performance Products, Inc., manufacturer of high performance parts for the automotive aftermarket in prepackaged Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Major pharmaceutical company in out-of-court workout of more than $100 million of debt owed by specialty pharmaceutical company and sole source supplier.
- National fitness equipment manufacturer in exchange offer for $100 million of public debt, utilizing a prepackaged reorganized plan as an alternative to induce bondholders to participate in exchange.
Rate : $$$$