Mr. James R. Zazzali has served as New Jersey’s Attorney General and as an Associate Justice and Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court. Since returning to private practice, he has been appointed by the state and federal governments, federal and state courts, and litigants as a monitor, receiver, independent counsel, independent investigator, discovery master, and bankruptcy trustee for various institutions and organizations in both the private and public sectors.
Mr. Zazzali advises clients on such matters as governance, institutional ethics, internal investigations, and appeals. He also has conducted numerous mediations and arbitrations. The State Department has designated him as a member of United States delegations to various United Nations Conferences in Geneva and Paris.
He has served as General Counsel for the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority; Chairman of the New Jersey State Commission of Investigation (SCI); Chief of the Appeals Division of the Office of the Essex County Prosecutor; and Vice Chair of both the State’s Disciplinary Review Board (attorney ethics) and the Judicial Review Board.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.)
- Georgetown University (B.S.)
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- District of Columbia
- Chair of Governor’s Judicial Advisory Panel
- Special Ethics Counsel to Gubernatorial Transition Committee 2017-2018
- New Jersey Supreme Court Special Committee on Attorney Ethics and Admissions Chair, 2013-2015
- Congressional Superfund Study Group, Chair, 1981-1982
- Judicial Labor Relations Task Force, Chair, 1985-1988
- Advisory Committee on Judicial Conduct
- Member and Vice-Chair, 1999-2000; 2009-present
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- Adjunct Professor, Alternative Dispute Resolution & Arbitration, 1984-2000
Rate : $$$