Jami Mills Vibbert is a partner in Venable’s eCommerce, Privacy, and Cybersecurity Group who advises and counsels clients on matters related to cybersecurity, data protection and privacy, and data risk management, focusing on the healthcare, life sciences, and financial industries. She advises clients on how to realize their data vision while complying with the ever-growing set of data protection requirements.
Jami conducts comprehensive data security risk assessments and gap analyses, and develops and implements data risk solutions and breach prevention and incident response programs. She also assists clients in handling data security incidents and crises, including responding to regulatory investigations and inquiries and defending clients in related litigation.
Jami began her legal career at an international law firm, focusing on data security, protection, and risk management, and all aspects of complex and cross-border commercial litigation and arbitration.
- Represents a global medical device manufacturer with respect to HIPAA compliance and oversees HIPAA Security Risk Assessments
- Represents a nonprofit organization providing substance abuse and child welfare services on data protection and cybersecurity issues, including conducting an enterprise-wide cybersecurity risk assessment
- Represents the medical device manufacturing arm of a global manufacturing company on data risk strategies and data security compliance with respect to patient-specific implants
- Provides data protection, privacy, and cybersecurity counsel to a global medical device manufacturer with respect to a digital health application, including HIPAA and GDPR compliance
- Conducts data security risk assessment and addresses data security issues for an international pharmaceutical company
- Developed a pharmaceutical company’s privacy and data security and information governance programs and assessed and advised on data risk mitigation
- Advised a global financial services company on regulatory compliance with respect to broad information governance issues, including privacy and data security concerns
- Advises a global medical device manufacturer in connection with an incident response, including conducting HIPAA risk assessments and determining notification obligations
- Represented lender and hedge fund in crisis management, including with respect to notification obligations and liability issues
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in a putative class action lawsuit alleging fraud in connection with sales of its products; advised on cross-border data protection issues
- J.D. magna cum laude Tulane University Law School 2007
- B.A. University of Pennsylvania 2000
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Clerk Experience : Honorable Lance M. Africk U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
Professional Memberships :
- The Sedona Conference – Data Security and Privacy Liability Working Group Steering Committee
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- New York City Bar Association
Jami serves on the board of directors for the Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children (CASA) – New York City, and is the chair of the nominating committee. She is also on the board of advisory editors of the Tulane Law Review and the board of directors of the Tulane Law Review Alumni Association.
Rate : $$$