Jamie B. Beaber is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office, is a member of the Intellectual Property practice and leads the Section 337 Litigation practice. Jamie’s practice is focused on patent litigation matters before the US International Trade Commission under Section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930 and before US district courts across the country.
Jamie is a vigorous and well-respected first-chair trial attorney and advocate for his clients with numerous accolades and honors. IAM Patent 1000 notes that Jamie “…cares immensely about his work and demonstrates a commitment to getting the best result.
His early preparation gives him an excellent understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of his case, and his assessment of the likely results of certain actions in unerringly accurate. Having acted extensively for Asian companies, he really understands cultural differences, and he translates that into success in US litigation. That he has these faculties at a young age is particularly impressive.”
Section 337 Investigations. Jamie has lead more than 60 Section 337 investigations before the US International Trade Commission, and several related appellate litigations before the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
His practice with respect to Section 337 includes extensive experience representing complainants and respondents in unfair import investigations concerning patent, trademark and trade dress infringement. Jamie’s technical background is in electrical engineering; however, his experience in Section 337 investigations involves a diverse array of technologies and products, including:
Jamie’s experience in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings also extends to counseling clients subject to antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings in foreign countries and advising clients and foreign governments on matters arising under the agreements of the World Trade Organization, including in the context of WTO dispute settlement proceedings.
Pro Bono Representation. Jamie also provides pro bono representation to clients in connection with asylum and other immigration proceedings before US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Immigration Court and appeals to federal court.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LLM
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, JD, magna cum laude
- University of North Dakota, BS
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- US Court of International Trade
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association – Vice Chair International Trade Committee
- Intellectual Property Owners Association – Vice Chair Section 337 Committee
- Certain Integrated Circuit Devices and Products Containing the Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-873, representing respondents LG Electronics, Inc., LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc., and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc.
- Certain Integrated Circuit Packages Provided With Multiple Heat-Conducting Paths and Products Containing Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-851, representing respondent LG Electronics.
- Certain Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits and Devices Containing Same, Inv. No. 377-TA-848, representing respondent Motorola Mobility Inc.
- Certain Mobile Electronic Devices Incorporating Haptics, Inv. No. 337-TA-834, representing respondent Motorola Mobility, Inc.
- Certain Electronic Digital Media Devices and Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-796, representing respondents Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Samsung Electronics America, Inc., and Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC.
- Certain Mobile Devices and Related Software, Inv. No. 337-TA-750, representing respondents Motorola Mobility, Inc. and Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Certain Short-Wavelength Light Emitting Diodes, Laser Diodes and Products Containing Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-640, representing respondent Toshiba Corporation.
- Certain Endoscopic Probes for Uses in Argon Plasma Coagulation Systems, Inv. No. 337-TA-569, representing respondents Canady Technology LLC and Canady Technology Germany GmbH.
- Certain Ink Markers and Packaging Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-522, representing complainant Sanford, L.P.
Rate : $$$$