Jamie Mei Cheng is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Locke Lord LLP. Her practice is focused on business and commercial litigation and dispute resolution in both state and federal court.
Additionally, Jamie has experience in construction defect and consumer litigation, including claims brought under SB 800, Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, Consumer Legal Remedies Act (CLRA), consumer fraud, and the Business and Professions Code.
In law school, Jamie completed externships at the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and the Federal Trade Commission. Through the Hastings Appellate Project, she represented an asylum applicant before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals pro bono and obtained a remand for the client.
Prior to law school, Jamie worked for the Asian Language Legal Intake Project at Asian Americans Advancing Justice – LA and at the Expo 2010 Shanghai China. Jamie is fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Defend oil and gas producer in breach of contract claim over abandonment of oil wells in connection with residential development
- Represent insurer in interpleader actions regarding dispute of entitlement to benefits under annuity contracts
- Defend workers compensation insurer in insurance litigation, including drafting and filing a motion for summary judgment on breach of contract and negligence claims in connection with cancellation of a policy
- Represent clients in responding to subpoenas in state court and arbitration, including defending motions to compel
Professional History :
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, LeClairRyan, LLP (San Francisco)
- Associate, Bledsoe, Diestel, Treppa & Crane LLP (San Francisco)
- Member, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of California, Hastings College of Law, 2014
- Hastings Law Journal (Senior Articles Editor, 2013-2014; Editorial Staff 2012-2013)
- B.A., Global Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, 2010
Admissions : California
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$