Jamie L. Edmonson has wide-ranging experience guiding clients through commercial bankruptcy cases, creditors’ rights issues, insolvencies, and liquidations. Jamie often represents debtors, creditor and equity statutory committees, lenders, asset purchasers, landlords, and lessees.
Additionally, she has represented public and non-public debtor corporations, secured and unsecured creditors, official committees, trustees and asset purchasers in bankruptcy and restructuring matters.
She also has extensive experience in all aspects of the chapter 11 restructuring process spanning many industries including: information technology, retail, food, energy, construction, real estate, telecommunications and manufacturing.
- Representation of numerous counter-parties to contracts in The Weinstein Company bankruptcy case
- Representation of a law firm in an action against Trump International Hotels in Delaware Chancery and United States District Court
- Represented the Official Ad Hoc Committee of Unit-holders in the Woodbridge Group of Companies, LLC Chapter 11 case
- Represented debtors in two separate condo-office projects – one in Washington, DC and the other in Manhattan, NY
- Represented the debtor in a former Los Angeles hotel that was purchased and developed into a mixed-use property
- Represented a Los Angeles-based membership retail chain through its Chapter 11 process, in which all creditors were paid in full
- Representing manufacturers of medical devices and plastic bottles used in the retail distribution of bottled water and soda
- Representing the developer of geothermal energy plants in its Chapter 11 case
- Representing the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in a large commercial real estate lending company
- J.D. Loyola Law School 1996
- B.S. / B.A. American University 1990
Bar Admissions : Delaware, California.
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Joined efforts with the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights to serve as a nonpartisan poll monitor on Election Day 2018
- Served as a judge for the National Appellate Advocacy Competition (NAAC) for the American Bar Association
- Works as a certified YMCA swim official
- Competes as a distance runner and has completed five marathons.
Rate : $$$$