Jamie Lauren Strickler is experienced in representing employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), juries and arbitrators throughout Texas. Recognizing the unique nature of employment lawsuits, she strives to work with her clients to achieve creative and excellent outcomes for complicated problems.
She has represented employers in claims involving: Sexual harassment, Wrongful termination, Retaliation. Jamie has litigated on behalf of clients in employment, complex torts, and commercial matters throughout Texas and nationally.
She has represented many national employers and frequently defended clients in lawsuits brought by workers who sustained catastrophic injuries or death in the workplace. She has significant experience handling claims related to misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of employment contracts and covenants not to compete.
In addition to her litigation experience, she has provided legal guidance concerning regulatory and corporate governance matters, supply and distribution transactions, and business strategy. Representative examples of Jamie’s experience and successes include:
- Won motion to dismiss, along with award of attorneys’ fees and sanctions, in state court defamation/slander case
- Won motion for summary judgment in federal court age discrimination and retaliation case
- Argued and obtained favorable ruling before Texas Workforce Commission regarding allegations of unfair wage practices
- Won motion to dismiss based on forum selection clause in breach of contract case initiated by company’s minority shareholder
Prior to joining Littler, Jamie served as corporate counsel for a national franchisor. There, she managed a wide variety of franchisee disputes and litigation throughout the franchise system by working closely with local counsel throughout the country in developing litigation and trial strategy, evaluating the case, and advising the franchisor regarding potential exposure.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 2011
- B.A., University of Oklahoma, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2011 – Present
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Member, American Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Member, DFW Rescue Me, 2013 – Present
Rate : $$$