Jamie L. Leary focuses her practice on counseling employers on a wide variety of ERISA and employee benefits issues. She works closely with clients regarding the design, drafting, and administration of retirement plans, health and welfare benefit plans, and cafeteria plans.
She assists clients with all aspects of plan design and documentation, including plan adoption, amendment, merger, and termination. She counsels clients regarding day-to-day benefits administration and compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and other state and federal laws and regulations.
- Drafts plan documents and employee communications for defined benefit pension plans, 401(k) plans, profit sharing plans, fully insured medical plans, self-insured medical plans, HRAs, health FSAs, dependent care FSAs, cafeteria plans, and wrap plans
- Assists employers to understand impact of evolving laws on plan design for both insured and self-insured group health plans, including compliance with the ACA Play or Pay mandate, wellness program requirements, and ERISA preemption issues
- Counsels clients in connection with pension de-risking, reversion issues, and plan terminations
- Participates in labor negotiations regarding benefits issues, including ACA matters
- J.D. University of Virginia
- B.A. Marshall University
- Firm Representative, Employment Law Alliance
- Treasurer, Viennese Winter Ball Committee
- Past Treasurer, Wheeling Symphony Auxiliary
Rate : $$$$