Jamie Lewis Keith is a partner in Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP’s Washington office, who practices with EducationCounsel LLC, and also works from the Boston office. Ms. Keith has a 33-year legal career, including almost 18 years leading the in-house legal function and serving in senior policy roles at premier private and public research universities during periods of rapid growth and evolution.
Most recently she served as vice president, general counsel, and university secretary for the University of Florida. Prior to Florida, Ms. Keith was Senior Counsel, and Managing Director for Environmental Programs and Risk Management, at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Boston University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude (1984)
- Cornell University, AB, History of Art with Distinction in All Subjects (1979), concentration in Asian Art and Studies
- Admitted Only in Massachusetts and Florida; Supervised directly by Arthur Coleman, a member of the D.C. Bar
Clerkships : Law Clerk, The Honorable Bailey Aldrich, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Previous Professional Experience:
- University of Florida, Vice President, General Counsel, University Secretary (2006-2017)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Senior Counsel, Managing Director, Environmental Programs and Risk Management (1999-2006)
- Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management, General Counsel, and Assistant Commissioner and General Counsel (1993-1999)
- Association Of American Universities
- American Association for the Advancement Of Science
- Council On Governmental Relations
- National Association Of College And University Attorneys
Rate : $$$$