Jamie Zysk Isani’s practice focuses on consumer class action defense, complex business and financial services litigation, First Amendment litigation, and complex appellate matters.
Over the course of her legal career, Jamie has represented the world’s leading health information companies in First Amendment challenges to state statutes at the trial and appellate levels, represented Fortune 50 banks in multiple class actions challenging practices and disclosures relating to posting of debit-card transactions, and defended developers against fraud and conspiracy claims related to a multibillion-dollar hotel and casino development.
Prior to joining the firm, Jamie served as a law clerk for Hon. Joan A. Lenard, US District Court for the Southern District of Florida (2001-2003).
Jamie is admitted to practice before the US Courts of Appeals for the First, Second, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits; the US District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida; the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida; and the US Supreme Court.
- Representing leading national furniture retailer in consumer class actions
- Representing Amazon.com in trademark infringement action relating to Amazon Fire TV
- Obtained summary judgment for Carnival Corporation against $35 million appropriation of likeness claims by television news anchor
- Obtained dismissal (affirmed on appeal) of class action against law firm asserting violations of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act claims
- Represented national financial institution at trial and appellate level in connection with disputed claims to over $1 billion in mortgage loans
- Represented Fortune 50 bank in connection with €100 million advance fee prime bank fraud
- Defense of multiple defendants in litigation involving ownership of patents covering wireless email technology
- Defense of the world’s largest funeral home and cemetery company in commercial, regulatory, and personal injury class actions and individual lawsuits
- Prosecution of First Amendment claims on behalf of outdoor advertising companies challenging municipal sign codes
- Defense of national media companies against invasion of privacy and federal statutory claims; obtained dismissal of civil RICO claims against multiple international media companies
- Defense of over 11,000 claims in nationwide federal class action against Fortune 100 company
- Prosecution of declaratory judgment action and permanent injunction on behalf of pari-mutuel owners against state attorney’s enforcement of criminal laws banning operation of slot machines
- Federal and state court appeals of First Amendment, class action, bankruptcy, and various other matters
- Pro bono experience includes representing clients in international child custody and visitation disputes
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, magna cum laude, Clarence Darrow Scholar; Associate/Contributing Editor, Michigan Law Review, 2001
- BA, Political Science and International Studies, Kalamazoo College, Phi Beta Kappa, 1998
- Visiting International Student, Nagoya Gakuin University, 1997
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- National Association of Women Judges Resource Board (NAWJ) Resource Board
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Board of Directors, University of Michigan Alumni Club of Miami – Fort Lauderdale, 2015-2017
Rate : $$$