A former federal prosecutor and accomplished trial lawyer, Jamila M. Hall serves as defense and investigative counsel to Fortune 500 companies and regularly conducts internal investigations throughout the United States, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
She defends companies and individuals in often high-stakes civil and criminal investigations brought by the United States Department of Justice and other government agencies related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS), the False Claims Act (FCA), securities fraud, and financial fraud. Jamila also counsels companies on compliance and internal controls policies.
While an Assistant United States Attorney, Jamila tried numerous multidefendant white-collar crime jury trials to verdict and successfully prosecuted dozens of financial fraud cases. She also managed parallel and multi-agency investigations involving the Federal Bureau of Investigations, Internal Revenue Service, Federal Trade Commission, and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Jamila is a member of the Criminal Justice Act panel and is routinely appointed by the district court to represent indigent defendants in federal fraud matters. She is a vice chair of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association and has served two terms as the chair of the Criminal Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association.
Jamila is president of the Leadership Institute of Women of Color Attorneys and a member of Leadership Atlanta, Class of 2017. She has served on the board of the Atlanta Ballet and is a trustee for the Woodruff Arts Center. In 2017, Jamila was named as one of the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s “40 Under 40.”
- Columbia University (J.D. 2003; Senior Editor, Columbia Law Review; Paul and Daisy Soros Fellow; Tony Patiño Fellow);
- University of Maryland (B.A. 2000, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Judicial Extern to Judge John S. Martin,
- U.S. District Court,
- Southern District of New York (2001)
- Former CEO defends federal criminal investigation involving allegations of potential violations of Anti-Kickback statute
- University system conducts internal investigation into allegations of sexual assault
- Foreign investors initiate civil and criminal actions following multi-million embezzlement scheme
- Global chemical company protects trade secrets, obtains restraining order against former employee
- International pharmaceutical company builds anti-corruption compliance program
- Multinational corporation conducts internal investigation of Asia operations
- CEO of information technology company resolves SEC investigation
- Former Atlanta School Superintendent Beverly Hall defends allegations of cheating on standardized tests
- Multinational corporation conducts pre-acquisition due diligence of target company subject to federal grand jury investigation
- Multinational corporation conducts internal investigation of Brazil operation
- Multinational corporation conducts internal investigation related to fatal worksite employee accident
- Multinational corporation conducts global FCPA compliance review
Rate : $$$