Jamillia P. Ferris is a partner in the Washington, D.C., office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where she is a member of the antitrust practice. She regularly appears before the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Trade Commission, representing companies in government antitrust investigations, including mergers and acquisitions and other civil antitrust matters.
Jamillia also provides antitrust counseling on a wide range of business conduct, including joint ventures and pricing and distribution, among others. Jamillia served in leadership positions and has overseen mergers at both the Antitrust Division of the DOJ and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
She was hired in 2014 to lead the FCC’s review of AT&T’s proposed $49 billion acquisition of DIRECTV. In this role, she directed all aspects of the FCC process, including coordination with the DOJ.
She was also a member of the steering committee overseeing the FCC’s review of Comcast’s proposed $45 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable. Jamillia also served as chief of staff and counsel to the assistant attorney general of the DOJ’s Antitrust Division.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., The George Washington University
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Vice Chair, Media and Technology Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association, 2015-present
- Vice Chair, Intellectual Property Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association, 2013-2015
- Co-Chair, Fall Forum Conference, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association, 2014
- Vice Chair, Professional Development Committee, Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia, 2014
- Non-Governmental Advisor, International Competition Network, 2013-2014
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- State Bar of Maryland
Rate : $$$