Jan Wenning Egan has 20 years of experience advising banks, investment funds, and other financial institutions in a broad array of leveraged finance and other sophisticated commercial lending transactions.
Her practice focuses particularly on the needs and goals of credit providers and includes acquisition finance, cross-border and multicurrency lending, mortgage loan and construction facilities, tax-exempt bond financings, and senior, mezzanine, second lien, and other subordinated debt transactions. She also represents lenders in loan modifications and restructurings, loan enforcement proceedings, and debtor-in-possession financings.
Jan has closed syndicated and single-lender transactions involving a full spectrum of industries and has in-depth knowledge of the health care, higher education, restaurant, and retail industries.
She is experienced in structuring, negotiating, and documenting complex and substantial financing transactions as counsel to lead arrangers, administrative agents, and other lenders. She also represents financial institutions who provide credit and liquidity support for revenue bond financings of senior living facilities, colleges and universities, hospitals, nonprofit cultural institutions, and social service agencies.
Jan’s recent experience includes the credit facility for a global publisher of educational materials and the financing for the merger of four veterinary specialty hospital practices.
Jan is an alumnae of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce’s Future Leaders Program and is affiliated with Boston Women in Public Finance. She is also a frequent presenter on trends and topics of interest to syndicated lenders, lenders to nonprofit entities, and other financial institutions.
- University of Notre Dame (J.D. cum laude 1997);
- University of Illinois (B.S. in Journalism with highest honors 1994)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
- U.S. Bank National Association amends credit facility to provide additional $28.5 million in acquisition financing to Sachs Intermediate Holdings
- Citizens Bank amends existing term loan for rock salt mine operator and manufacturer
- Citizens Bank provides $60 million secured credit facility to rock salt mine operator and manufacturer
- Citizens Bank provides $150 million credit facility to Golden West Packaging Group
- Citizens Bank provides financing for merger of four veterinary specialty hospital practices
- Fortress Capital provides $100 million DIP financing to The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company
- Jefferies acts as financial advisor to Mitel in $374 million acquisition of Aastra Technologies
- Bank of America amends credit agreement with H Mart
- M&T Bank provides financing for acquisition and construction of senior living facility
- Jefferies acts as representative of initial purchasers in $250 million Rule 144A and Regulation S offering by Vantage Oncology, LLC and Vantage Oncology Finance and arranger of revolving credit facility for Vantage Oncology
- Bank of America provides Islamic-compliant financing for acquisition of senior living facility
- RBS Citizens provides financing to CRA International, Inc. and CRA International (UK) Ltd.
- RBS Citizens provides financing to TRC Companies.
Rate : $$$