Jan M. Hayden has handled bankruptcy and insolvency issues for her clients for more than 35 years. Ms. Hayden has practiced in the corporate workout and bankruptcy arena for more than 38 years. As a shareholder in the Firm’s New Orleans office and a member of the Financial Services Department, her practice is concentrated on assisting clients with restructuring and creditors’ rights both in and out of bankruptcy proceedings.
She has represented creditors and debtors in mass tort bankruptcies. She represents trustees, debtors-in-possession, committees and creditors in a broad spectrum of industries that includes manufacturing, real estate, hotels, gambling, nursing homes, airlines, convenience stores and retail operations as well as individuals. Some of her more unique clients have been an alligator farm, a horse racing track and a world’s fair.
Ms. Hayden serves on the American College of Bankruptcy board and two terms as the chairperson of the Consumer Protection, Lender Liability and Bankruptcy Section of the Louisiana State Bar Association. For several years she has served as co-chair of the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Continuing Legal Education Committee.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center of Louisiana State University, J.D., 1979
- Louisiana State University, B.A., 1976
- Louisiana, 1979
- All District Courts of Louisiana
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Represented the Debtor in Possession engaged in the oilfield service industry in connection with the successful reorganization of $60 million in debt.
- Represented 30 nursing home entities throughout the United States in confirming a plan within excess of $85 million of claims.
- Represented several debtors in possession in numerous apartment complex cases for properties located in Louisiana and Texas.
- Represented debtors, creditors and equity holders in distressed hotel operations both in and out of Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Represented the debtors-in-possession in confirming liquidating plans in the Louisiana World’s Fair, Jazzland and Fairgrounds Corporation.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Fellow – American College of Bankruptcy
- Board Member – American College of Bankruptcy (2018 – 2019)
- Board Member – American College of Bankruptcy Foundation
- Recipient – Michelle Mendez Award, Fifth Circuit Bankruptcy, 2016
- Fellow – Louisiana State Bar Foundation, Member of the Grants Committee
- Member – Louisiana, New Orleans, American and Federal Bar Associations
- Chair – Pro Bono Project of New Orleans
Rate : $$$$