Jan E. Hensel devotes her practice exclusively to the representation of employers in the employment law arena. She consults with employers of all sizes to help them comply with the myriad of State and Federal employment laws that affect the workplace, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Title VII and the Ohio Civil Rights Act.
Jan frequently conducts onsite trainings and seminars to ensure that clients avoid employment pitfalls. She works closely with her clients to help them identify issues before they become problems and solve problems after they arise.
She has more than 20 years of experience litigating employment law cases in state and federal courts and representing employers before state and federal enforcement agencies. She has tried cases and presented appeals in state and federal courts throughout Ohio and has represented clients before the Ohio Supreme Court.
Her courtroom experience includes representing employers in defending claims arising out of the FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, Title VII, wrongful discharge claims, breach of contract claims and in non-competition litigation.
Jan is a frequent author and speaker on employment law related topics. Prior to joining the firm, she served as chair of the Employment & Workers’ Compensation practice group at Buckingham, Doolittle and Burroughs.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1988)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 1983)
Bar Admissions : Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Labor and Employment Committee
- The First Tee of Central Ohio, board member
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
Rate : $$$$