Jan L. Budman II concentrates his practice on representing clients in a wide range of civil and commercial litigation matters. He has experience litigating in both state and federal courts and before various administrative agencies and commercial arbitration tribunals. Jan also has a noteworthy level of experience helping business clients navigate the bid protest process and other aspects of the Pennsylvania Procurement Code.
Among his recent representations, Jan has:
- Won a unanimous jury verdict, including damages, following a three-day trial in favor of a corporate client owner of a large commercial property based upon an adjacent property owner’s violations of the Pennsylvania Storage Tank and Spill Prevention Act for petroleum contamination detected on client’s property that prevented a sale.
- Secured a preliminary injunction against an administrative agency for violations of the bid protest procedures found in the Pennsylvania Procurement Code on behalf of an international gaming and lottery client that halted a $350 million contract set for execution with the incumbent vendor.
- Won a favorable determination at the administrative agency level on a bid protest filed on behalf of a health care client that resulted in the cancellation of a $7.9 million award to the client’s competitor and the opportunity for the client to participate in the re-bid of the procurement.
- Safeguarded a client’s large noncoal surface mining permit issued by the Department of Environmental Protection despite a well-organized citizen challenge on appeal to the Environmental Hearing Board.
- Resolved a complex dispute between two partners that involved a feud over a successful manufacturing business and real property.
Jan was also elected to serve a three-year term as a Council Member of the Administrative Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2006, cum laude; Phi Kappa Phi; Editor-in-Chief, Widener Law Journal, Vol. 15
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2003, with distinction, Political Science and B.A., Speech Communications
Rate : $$$