Jana P. Grimm works closely with clients to counsel them regarding various employment and other related issues that may arise during the course of establishing and conducting a business. Ms. Grimm concentrates her practice in labor and employment law, general civil litigation, real estate law, construction law, municipal law and general corporate law.
Jana has developed a regional reputation for her ability to work proactively with clients to reduce the risk of employment and other civil litigation. In the event that an employment or other civil matter does end up in the courtroom, Jana is an experienced litigator in the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Diligently working with clients in various businesses including healthcare, construction, manufacturing, municipal, and hospitality, Jana assists in establishing policies, procedures, and documentation regarding FMLA, employee discipline, Title VII, the National Labor Relations Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, human resources best practices and business related best practices.
Jana has also worked with, counseled and represented local municipalities in regard to zoning, litigation, governmental and other administrative matters. She has also represented numerous individuals and entities before local zoning and municipal boards.
- Represented local municipalities in all issues impacting their community including representation before the local courts and governmental boards. Drafted ordinances, policies and procedures and counseled on a wide variety of issues for both boroughs and townships. Represent local zoning hearing board.
- Represented commercial developers in all aspects of land development including providing representation before local planning, zoning, and supervisory boards
- Represent clients in real estate transactions including the acquiring and sale of real estate, title issues, boundary disputes, easements and right-of-ways
- Represented construction client in collection matters pursuant to the Pennsylvania Contractor and Sub-contractor Payment Act, bond claims, and mechanic’s lien proceedings
- J.D. University of Pittsburgh
- B.A. Thiel College
- Washington County Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Washington Health System Foundation and Chair, Planned Giving Committee
- Advisory Board, Power of Southpointe, Washington County Chamber of Commerce
- Past President, Board of Directors, Leadership Washington County
- Chair, Shoot for a Cause, Collier Sportsmen’s Association
Rate : $$$$