Jana Baker represents employers on all matters impacting their employees under federal and state labor and employment laws, including compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Ms. Baker oversees investigations, handles charges of discrimination, harassment and retaliation, and defends any ensuing litigation in state and federal court. Ms. Baker also advises clients on a regular basis before litigation ever occurs, handling employment disputes and managing day-to-day employee issues.
For example, she provides counsel regarding leaves of absence, the accommodation of disabilities, preparation and implementation of employment policies, advice on employee separations, and the preparation and interpretation of employment agreements, including covenants not to compete and solicit.
Ms. Baker has litigated all forms of discrimination in federal and state court. In addition to her litigation practice, she regularly reviews and revises employee handbooks and policies for compliance with federal and state laws, and oversees general labor representation. disMs. Baker regularly conducts training for clients and presents on various topics, including the ADA, investigations and harassment prevention.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law, 1995
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1992
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Co-Chair, Ogletree Deakins’ Healthcare Practice Group
- State Bar of Texas (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Head Start of Greater Dallas (Board Member and Personnel Committee Chair, 2000-2006)
- The Children’s Trust – supporting Children’s Medical Center Dallas (Executive Committee, 2007-2011)
Rate : $$$