Jane Eckels focuses her practices in the areas of information technology and intellectual property, representing users and providers of technology in the full range of information technology transactions.
She supports clients in procurement and implementation of traditional and cloud-based systems, innovation and launch of new technologies, licensing and distribution of products and services, information exchange and sharing arrangements for technology and data, as well as mobile and digital technology initiatives.
With over two decades of experience, she has extensive experience structuring and negotiating complex licenses, commercial agreements and other projects involving software, hardware, data, content, internet technologies and services.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Health Information Technology Group, American Health Lawyers Association
- Legal Aspects of the Enterprise Task Force, Health Information Management Systems Society
- Adjunct Faculty, Seattle University Arts Legal Clinic, 1999-2006
- Volunteer Attorney, Washington Lawyers for the Arts, 1999-2006
- President, Earshot Jazz Society Board, 2001-2006
- Volunteer Attorney, Northwest Immigrants’ Rights Project, 1997-2003
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1997, cum laude
- Note Editor, Michigan Law Review
- A.B., French, Dartmouth College, 1994, cum laude
Rate : $$$$